Sunday, September 19, 2010

Melt My Heart....

Friday was my last day with these sweet babies. Praise The Lord Kenzie made it to full term and baby Scout is now big enough to welcomed to this world as a healthy, strong little guy.
I knew saying "see you later" would be tough on me because by nature I have a very tender heart so you can imagine how proud I was of myself when that precious little boy came running up to me and said, "I love you Miss Joy." Now, don't go thinking I got out of there that easy. His Mom and I were outside saying our goodbyes when all of a sudden the front door opened and I heard his sweet voice yell...."Bye Miss Joy! I love you!" Y'all, the tears started flowing and I was a hot mess. I mean I'm talking a messy cry. Who would have known a four year old little boy could have that effect on me?!?!? The kids in this picture have touched my heart and changed my life! I can't even begin to tell you the sweet lessons The Lord has taught me these past five weeks while being with them. (That in itself is a whole other post....)

It did get me thinking though. If Deacon saying I love you had that effect on me then just think of how much joy it brings the Father when we lavish our love on Him. Oh I can just imagine the smile it must bring to His face. So many times I find myself just assuming He knows and I forget to tell Him. I don't think we could ever tell Him enough! So go on...take some time and tell Him how much you love Him today.

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"
1 John 3:1

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista