Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Extendend Family...

Tonight the word family is on my heart. It's the one thing in life that you don't choose. The one thing you are born into. The one thing you can't change. However, I think there are two types of families. One that you are born into and then others that you stumble across along this journey of life...an extended family who becomes your real family.

To me my extended family looks like this...

They love and accept you no matter what your flaws...
Hold you accountable...
Cry when you are hurting...
Push you to be better...
Pray for each other without ceasing...
You want the best for them no matter what that looks like...
You don't have to say a word. They know if you are hurting or sad...
Been through every emotion together. Laughter, tears, screaming, yelling...Y'all, I'm talking EVERY emotion out there & it doesn't matter...
No matter how badly you've hurt them or they have hurt you. You love them anyway...
You can show up announced. Walk through the door. Not even knock & know it's OK...
They get offended if you don't feel welcome...
They treat you & talk to you like one of their kids...They even compare you to their kids...
They trust you with their kids...
Their kids list you as a sibling on Facebook & call you sister or brother...

It could. My list could go on and on but tonight I am oh so thankful for my "extended family". Even though at times we can be just as if not even more dysfunctional than my blood related family they are a precious, unexpected gift from The Lord. Every single one of them who have changed my life and will be forever be apart of it. Because somehow along this journey of life they have. These people have become just as precious to me as my real family & I couldn't imagine what my what my life would be without them.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Amen girl!! Love my extended family! Great post!

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista