Friday, February 26, 2010

Grace For All Seasons...

Last night the West Campus the women's ministry hosted an even titled Grace For all Seasons. It was a night of praise and worship & three great words from Mrs. Young, Pam Thompson, & Tonya Riggle. Let me just tell y'all...The Lord spoke powerfully through these sweet women.

Mrs. Young started the evening off talking about God's grace. That it is sufficient for anything & everything. That no matter what season He has you in for this moment His grace is enough...it's all we need. Period.

Next came Pam Thompson. Can I just tell y'all I want to be exactly like this woman when I grow up? She started by talking about the different doors we stand in front of. You know...those doors. They can be anything really...fear, loneliness, waiting, disappointment, control..really the list could go on and on for whatever season you are in. But one thing remains the same and that is The Love of our precious Savior. And for every door He chooses to shut He promises to open another one while He's standing there saying trust Me & My plan for your life baby girl, I know what's on the other side. All you have to do is walk through & trust Me sweet thing my grace is sufficient for you.

Then there was Tonya. Let me just tell Y'all there is something about this lady when she speaks. Her sweet spirit fills the room and leaves you wanting more. She talked about standing at the door of longing. Really. Did we have to go there tonight? That so many times we stand there, & stand there, & stand there, & stand there...(get the picture) just wrestling with The Lord. Wrestling with Him so much so that we find ourselves at complete & total exhaustion. That so often that place of longing can leave us in a place that is not good. A place to where our hearts, the most beautiful thing about us can suddenly become hard & cold. Begging for Him to let us go through that door (whatever it may be) because we want it now. But so many times He is saying (maybe even yelling) sweet thing look over here. This is your door right now won't you walk through it? The choice is yours really. You can choose to stand at the door of longing or choose to wait on Him & His precious timing & walk through your door. That once we walk through our eyes will be opened to something fresh & new. Something beautiful & exciting. Something we may have never gotten to experience if we stay standing at the door of longing. Then one day God willing He will bless us with whatever that may be and we will say of course. Your timing is perfect. You knew what was best. All we have to do is step.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

1 comment:

Blair said...

I love that last verse so much! Miss you, Joy:)

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista