Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Change...

Change. This word has been known to send chills up my spine. If you know me well then you know I am not a huge fan of this word or when it happens in my life. Maybe it's because I am not in control or that I can't do anything about it. I do. I like things the same. I like to know what's going to be next around the corner. I viewed change as a bad thing until The Lord totally spoke to my heart Sunday night while reading Beth Moore's new book So Long Insecurity, you've been a bad friend to us. This struck a chord with my heart.....

"Many of us have learned the hard way that one phone call from a relative or an employer can be the end of life as we know it. Even when we know that God is in the picture and every end leads to a new beginning, right at that moment of discovery, we tend to feel that everything wonderful is over. Does it suddenly sound like we're talking about loss again instead of change? As we keep digging around for roots of insecurity, we're going to find that most of them are intertwined underground. Case in point: our hearts often translate sudden and dramatic change as either instability or a form of loss. Sometimes it hits us as both. "
The truth is, God uses change to change us. He doesn't use it to destroy us or to distract us but to coax us to the next level of character, experience, compassion, and destiny."
I know it won't happen over night but my prayer is that The Lord will change my heart in how I view change. That it wont' be an earth shattering blow but something that I view as exciting and am very expectant about what my precious Savior is going to do in my life. That the change that He is taking me through during whatever season will result in Him doing BIG things in my life just for the simple fact that He wants to give me His best. All I have to do is walk in faith trusting and believing that my sweet Jesus is orchestrating every step of my life & making something beautiful out of it through the journey to bring Him honor and glory.
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista