Sunday, October 4, 2009

My First 5K Experience....

Well Saturday was race day and it was an experience I'll never forget. I woke up Saturday morning feeling both excited and nervous. I was on my way to run my first 5K....something I never thought I would do ever in my life. A month ago if you had asked me if I was a runner my response would most likely have sounded something like, "are you kidding me?" but honestly my curiosity got the best of me and I wanted to see if I could do it. I had always heard...."anyone can run" I just never thought that for myself. So I signed up and started training...I was going to run this race.

The training was interesting....I really liked .5 and even 1.5 but when it got longer than that I found myself becoming a little discouraged....I never wanted to quit I just found myself wanting to be better. Did I have days when I didn't think I could do it....absolutely but that caused me to push myself even harder. I knew come race day that training would pay off.

And that brings me to Saturday. Race day. I wish I could express to you all the emotions I felt when I finished the race but I can't. There just simply aren't enough words to describe how I felt. I can tell you that I finished at a little over 35 minutes and that was enough for me! I beat the goal I had set for myself and was so excited about that.

I can tell you this. A little encouragement and support can go a long way. I know without a doubt I couldn't have done it without everything I had received from the people in my life! Will I run another race? Without a doubt yes! I am already trying to figure out which one I'll be participating in next & I'll for sure let you know when I decide! Hope y'all have a great Monday!

2 Timothy 2:7"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista