Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Pure Delight....

The ladies in Team Kid are going through the Max Lucado study Experiencing the heart of Jesus. If you haven't done it yet and are looking for a new study pick this one up. It is amazing and full of some rich stuff y'all! I am loving it!! This week we started the chapter on Experiencing the joy of Jesus and one of the sections focused on defining sacred delight. I'll admit while doing the study I just breezed through this section but today when we were discussing we focused on finding delight in the scriptures. Not just when I read it but do I view it from the view point of delight?

Here is a little bit from the study....
"Delight is the look on Andrew's face at the lunch pail that never came up empty. Delight is the dozing wedding guests who drank the wine that had been water. Delight is Jesus walking through the waves as casually as you walk through curtains. Delight is a leper seeing a finger where there had been only a nub....a widow hosting a party with impossible things in crazy ways:healing the blind with spit, paying taxes with a coin found in a fish's mouth, and coming back from the dead disguised as a gardener."

I do.

I honestly believe with my whole heart that when Jesus performed these miracles He did it with pure delight. Not with a frown on His face or with a sour attitude. He found joy in everything He did...even the little things. I also think some of His delight was driven by the surprise in it. Think about it...He changed those peoples lives one step at a time in a way they didn't expect.

What an example we would be to a world of hurting people if we showed delight to others in the things that we do....even when it is hard. I can imagine the conversation that would go on in their heads.

I was challenged today to find delight in everything that I do. My actions, the relationships I am blessed with, my job, the scripture that I read...my list could go on and on. Thinking about it can't help but bring a smile to my face....all of the extra joy it's going to add....I'm super excited!

Psalm 126:3 "Yes, The Lord has done amazing things for us! What joy!"

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista