Monday, August 31, 2009

Just Give me Jesus...

Yesterday was one of those days that I am not proud of.  And sadly I'm not making excuses for myself because I have none. This morning during my quiet time I found myself seeking some serious forgiveness from my precious Savior because yesterday everything that I was dealing with (that really isn't that big a deal) became a lot bigger than it really was. I let it effect everything and my day all of a sudden yesterday became all about me. If you know me well you know that this is not what I am about and I don't.....no let me rephrase I won't let it become about me. I turned into someone that I was not proud of and when it was pointed out to me that was really hard. 

I don't want to be that girl who is all about herself. That girl who's emotions are based on her circumstances, who's joy is found in her situations, who finds her identity in her friends or her job. I desire to be a girl who is so in love with her Savior that His love and joy is all that people see when they come into contact with me. That He is enough for those days when I feel alone but I'm not because He is all that I need. 

I learned some major things about myself yesterday. Things that are going to change because they make me more like Him and less about myself. I did, I fell short yesterday.....real short but thankfully His grace is sufficient and His mercies are new every morning. Today as I start my day He is enough, He is all I need, & He is all I want. Just give me Jesus. 

1 comment:

Blair said...

Interestingly, I had a very similar experience/realization a couple of days ago. It was much needed, that's for sure. Miss you, friend;)

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista