Sunday, June 28, 2009

His Grace is Enough...

This week I have been learning all about God's grace. How precious it is. How beautiful it is. How sufficient it is. How undeserving I am of it.

I must confess sometimes it's so hard for me to wrap my mind around His grace. How every single day I fall short in my sin, with my wants & desires, yet every time I find myself running back into His arms He never seems to fail . My sweet Jesus is there waiting with open arms extending the gift of grace.

This morning I found myself asking myself one question....if everything in my life faded away would His grace be enough-would HE be enough to be my portion, my help, my EVERYTHING? That answer is yes but I'm going to be completely honest....some days it's harder for me to walk in this truth...that He is enough, that He is all I need. I find myself getting frustrated with God when He remains silent. However, I'm learning to be thankful for those times....because that silence causes me to seek shelter under His wings, to run hard & fast after Him, to be diligently on my knees, to seek His will for my life and not my own, & to just be still.

Sometimes I find myself wrestling with why He chooses to be silent. But you know what? If He didn't make us wait then don't you think we would be more tempted to lean on our own strength instead of His sweet grace? Maybe that's what it takes for us to realize His grace is sufficient enough.

So today I challenge you no matter where you are in the journey.....to stop and experience the sweet blessing of His grace. Thank Him that it is enough...that He is enough.

"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work."
2 Corinthians 9:8

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista