Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Work in Progress....

Beethoven is known as one the greatest music composers to ever walk this earth. I think it's amazing that this man composed some of the most beautiful masterpieces known to music all while being deaf. The most interesting thing to me is the last piece of music he composed that is known as his "masterpiece".....critics even call it a "symphonic poem." but oh how it was a work in progress.

Throughout the original pages there is more than just sheet music on a blank page. If you viewed the 80 page music in person one would find a page full of notes, measures, and marks. This man's mind was so full of ideas and creativity that his finished projects often looked like a mess. He turned a white crisp blank page into a page full of marks, holes, and smudges from where he erased and edited his masterpiece over and over again until it was his perfect masterpiece.

2 Corinthians 5:17 " Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, He is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."

I can't help but think about how the page started out blank. Every day my sweet Jesus hands me a blank page and yet somehow everyday I manage to mess it up. Praise The Lord His grace is sufficent & even though I stand amazed at his grace it is so easy for me to stumble in it.

This causes me to start thinking about the page He's handed me in a word full of dirt and ink-all along wishing I could be more careful. I can't help but think of all the smudges and eraser marks that I have added to it. Some of them from lessons learned the hard way & others from bumping into life as I journey along.

Honestly life is far messier than we'd like it to be-but praise The Lord our precious Savior is faithful through the mess.....faithful to do something beautiful with His masterpeice which is a constant work in progress.

"For we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista