Thursday, May 28, 2009

How to love...

After hearing from several people that know me pretty well...."you love big" I have really been wrestling with the thought of do I love others to a fault & almost viewing loving big as the thorn in my side.

I'm just being honest....this is where I have been this past week....

So starting today I am going to change my viewpoint on the whole thing. Loving big will no longer be looked at as a thorn in my side but a precious gift from The Lord. **Baby Steps**

Now I just need to reach the place of loving and expecting nothing in return. **Next baby step**

I know for me it's totally mental and boils down to controlling my mind. I mean I've even had people tell me that I am one of the most loved people they have ever met.

Who knows.... maybe that's why I love so much. And you know what-I've tried to fight it, I've tried to stop, but I've come to the realization that no matter how hard I try I keep coming to dead ends...I can't stop. Loving big and Joy Willoughby come hand in hand....sort of like a package deal.

So here is what I've decided....if I love others from the view of achieving something from them then what's the point of loving at all? Love is a constant self offering. My prayer is that I will reflect a Christ-like love that is selfless and blameless. I desire to show the precious people in my life a love that is contagious and overflowing. A love that is patent, kind, and all of the other ways 1 Corinthians describes it to be.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista