Monday, June 1, 2009

Footprints on My Heart....

This weekend is promotion Sunday at Second Baptist.....my first promotion to go through as GiGL Director at the West Campus. You know....I thought it would be easy....or maybe I was just fooling myself into believing that it would be.

After hearing countless stories yesterday from different Kindergarten parents about how I have impacted the life of their child I was literally moved to tears. Some came in for pictures others just shared sweet stories. The sweetest memory of it all for me was that to wrap up When I Grow Up we had the kids come as what they want to be when they get big.....so many of them came dressed as me.

I am so humbled by the fact that The Lord would put me in a place to impact the lives of these kids. I am so unworthy of that place but so thankful for the blessing to be able to impact the lives of these precious kids.

Even though they are four and five years old these kids have left footprints on my heart that I will never forget. Every hug, every I Love you, every story....they have impacted my life and taught me so many sweet lessons along the way.

I am so thankful to play such a small part in the big picture The Lord has for them. There are some people who may look into my room on Sunday's and all they see is a room full of preschoolers singing and dancing. My answer to them....you so don't get it....I am getting the privilege and honor to start laying down the foundation that we know as Jesus Christ while they are leaving footprints on my heart.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Joy!! What a precious ministry you have with these little ones! I love that you don't take it for granted - you are amazing!

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista