Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Beautiful....

I am so that person who acts like she has it all together....I basically don't leave the house until everything is perfectly put in place so the people I am about to encounter at least think that I've got it all together.

This reality hit me like a ton of bricks when a friend of mine looked at me at a recent wedding and said word for word...."Wait a minute...you are Joy Willoughby. You are like this perfect girl who wears a halo on her head. Did I mention I think you are perfect?" During the conversation the person with me was one of my best friends. Kara's response? "There you go being unattainable again Joy."

Ladies and Gentlemen.....The Academy Award goes to....me.

I had succeeded in fooling everyone but myself....and of course my precious Jesus.

That quote really got me thinking about one thing....brokenness.

Oh how that word just sends chills up my spine and I have to admit that topic is something I like to stay far, far away from. I mean, who enjoys being broken and refined over and over again. The process isn't easy but the end result is something beautiful.

Because every time without fail our sweet Jesus puts the pieces of our hearts back together into something even more beautiful.

I'm learning this sweet lesson right now. That my brokenness before The Lord is beautiful, it's real, it's me. After all that's what He wants....me to be me and He is the one person I can not fool.

So I challenge you today....to let your Precious Jesus use your brokenness and refinement to create something beautiful, fresh, and new in you.

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista