Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tiger Woods is Back!

Golf season has been in full swing for a little while now but something has been missing. His name is Tiger Woods and is arguably one of the most talented athletes to ever play a sport. The last time he appeared in a golf competition was the US Open on June 16th 2008 winning his third championship and 14th major....did I mention he was playing with a torn ACL? Yep, the man is pretty incredible.

I must confess.....I LOVE to watch Tiger play golf. He plays with such passion and determination...a true love for the sport.....he makes the game exciting. I honestly thought he would wait until The Masters in Augusta to reappear but I am so glad it's now!

Watching the highlights on Sports Center last night reminded me of the first time I met him.

My Dad is very involved in the golf community and several years ago the Tour of Champions....the last golf tournament of the season was played at Champions Golf Club. That happened for several years until Coke built it's own course for the tournament in Georgia. We are members there so I loved all of the extra little perks that came along with that!

I can remember looking forward to this tournament all year long. Being at the golf course is like second nature to me....I have grown up on one since I was a baby girl....I just love being out there...it just fits.

OK on to the story....

My Dad was hosting a BBQ at his house during the practice rounds and had invited me to come. Well, I walked into the house and there where several golfers in the living room...some pretty big names to be exact but I will refrain from name dropping! Keep in mind my Dad does not care about "famous people" that's why I think they like him so much....he treats them like they are human. I can imagine what a breath of fresh air that must be after having so many people treat you like you aren't.

I was quickly introduced to the people in the living room then walked outside to grab a burger. Well, the rest is history. Standing outside was....Huge gasp....The Tiger Woods....this is where the story gets good people.

I started freaking out, couldn't speak, didn't know what to say....I mean it was pretty hilarious looking back on it. I always thought to myself that I would be that person who kept it together when meeting a celebrity...I mean I did just that a few minutes ago in the living room. But with Tiger I was SO WRONG! Needless to say....my Dad was mortified and I got that by realizing he was giving me the look of death.

I'm not sure how but I quickly gained my composure and had a great conversation with Tiger. I think the reason I was so nervous was because I had heard all of those stories from the media...and let me tell you they are far from the truth. I just saw a man who wants and needs his privacy. I mean by the end of the night he was calling me his friend....did I mention we where the only "younger people" at the party? I have no doubt that if I ran into him again he would have no clue who I was but for one night I was Tiger Woods friend.

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista