Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spin class and Jesus...

On Friday I went with my mentor and sweet friend to a spin class at the Houstonian. Now let me start out by saying if I was a health club the Houstonian is what I would be....it is my kind of club...

Ok...on to the story.

I love it how Jesus can take something like a simple spin class and turn it into a lesson. Of course I went into the class only expecting to get my tail kicked....

Well, the class was packed and of course the only two bikes available together where on the front row. Oh, and did I mention they where also right in front of the instructor? And don't worry....she was so sweet to let me know when my form wasn't correct or if I was coming too far off of the seat of my bike. Seriously? I thought all you did was move your legs and spin...now you are telling me there is an art to it....geez!

So we started off with a sprint....oh how I hate those and in this class there is no way to cheat...you spin to the beat of the music....did I mention I was in the front row?

OK, so finally that was done and we got to a hill....and I'm not talking a baby one....we're talking huge....to where you have to use everything in you to climb up it.....or maybe that was just me?

So I'm climbing, climbing, climbing, and climbing...I'm sure you get the picture. Then all of a sudden that hill I was climbing became a metaphor for life. Throughout life you are going to have to climb many mountains and are given a choice. The choice to give up and stop climbing or persevere to the top, while learning some precious lessons along the way. The climb may not be easy but the reward will be so sweet. Think about when you get to the top....the awe you are in when you reach it...the top of the mountain isn't ugly...it's sometimes the most beautiful, breath-taking site you have ever seen.

So no matter what mountain you are facing right now keep on climbing. Keep your eyes focused on your precious Savior who is cheering you on, coaching you to the top, to show you His grace and love.

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista