Thursday, February 12, 2009

Faith like a child....

Last night I babysat for The Looser's. This precious family has become my family as I have babysat for them the past two years now-my how time flies! I would say Greg and Beth are more like a big brother and sister because they aren't old enough to be my parents! :)

I am around children all the time with my job but The Lord used Brock and Avery's prayers last night to minister to my heart. The prayers they prayed where so sweet and pure. When I walked downstairs The Lord whispered ever so softly....Joy- you are to have faith like a child, just like Brock and Avery. At that moment I could hear the argument going on inside of my head...but Lord, I do have faith and I do trust you. Then I started thinking about children....every single one I come into contact with on a daily basis. The precious kids I babysit, the ones I lead every weekend in GIGL, the babies in my Tiny Tots and Tunes class...how they just know. They reach out their hands and trust that their parents are going to keep them safe. They don't have to be taught, they just trust that they are going to love and do what is best for them. That they will take their hand and guide them through this journey of life.....that their parents will protect them at all cost. How they just trust and are so dependent on their parents for everything-it doesn't have to be taught....they simply trust with every part of them.

This got me thinking...how quick am I to trust The Lord when everything is going right in my life, when everything seems to be going my way? Then that moment comes...you know what I'm talking about....when something changes, when The Lord's plan doesn't look like yours. I am so quick to shift my trust and question The Lord's plan for my life, when in reality that is the time I need to be on my knees, at the cross, trusting and believing that His plan and His timing is perfect.

Matthew 18:4 "Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven...."

Sweet Jesus, thank you for surrounding me with precious children as a constant reminder that I am to have faith like a child. I pray that I will trust you with every part of my life. Thank you for your perfect plan.

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista