Friday, January 16, 2009

Still....

The Lord speaks to me in so many ways but sometimes he uses music the most. Maybe it's because He knows it's what I am passionate about and have been ever since I was a little girl. I am a big fan of Watermark and was listening to them on my ipod the other day when the song still came on. I must confess, this has not been an easy week for me so I have tried to remain busy so I wouldn't have any down time to think any more about the situation.Well friends, the Lord had another plan (doesn't he always?) The Lord used this song to speak directly to my heart. "Joy, get still before me and know that I am here, waiting for you to lay it at my feet-I've got you-get still before me."

I hate it that sometimes when I am searching for peace I look to everyone but The Lord. But boy don't we realize once we are still before our precious savior that's right where we need to be? Sitting as His feet, letting Him love on us, and giving us a peace that only He can provide. I know that I learned this lesson again as I sat still at my sweet Jesus' feet. At that moment he met me right where I was and gave me the comfort and peace that I needed.

Still
The more I get alone The more I see I need to get alone more, more
Cause just when I think that I'm alone
Your Spirit calls out to me
And even silence has a song Cause that's when
You come Sing over me
Still, let me be still Let me be okay With the quiet in my heart
Still, I want to be still
I'm so quick to move Instead of listening to You
Shut my mouth Crush my pride
Give me the tears Of a broken life Still

Of this world, it falls around me
And flutters all it's beauty in my eyes
But let me choose the solitude
Simplicity has always simply changed my life
Cause even stillness makes me move
Cause that's when my heart Learns to dance with you
Still, let me be still Let me be okay With the quiet in my heart
Still, I want to be still I'm so quick to move
Instead of listening to You
I'm your child Tame my heart Obedience To me impart
oh GodChange me while I am Still, let me be still
And know that you are God And You're always enough
Still, I want to be still
To take all that I am And simply lift it up
Shut my mouth Crush my pride
Give me the tears Of a broken life Still... Still.. Still.. Still...

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista