Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hannah...

I love it when The Lord meets you right where you are. You know those times when you go to church or Bible study and you just know that lesson was a gift to you from The Lord? He blew my mind last night during small group with our study of Hannah. The only thing I knew coming into the study was that Hannah was a girl name from the Bible. Oh my stars-if you have not studied her before do it! I can guarantee you The Lord will knock your socks off! She was an amazing woman that showed faith and perseverance through her waiting on a child. I learned way too much to share last night about her but one thing that struck a chord with me is that she poured her heart out to God. I find myself so many times not sharing my whole heart with God-only a little bit of it. This verse caused me to think, "why do I do this because hello-he already knows my whole heart-after all, he did create it! "Thank you Jesus for knowing my heart-I pray that I would pour it out to you like Hannah did."

Hannah really dialoged with The Lord while she was asking for her hearts desire. What I admire most about her though is that she did not dwell on it. It verse 16 of 1 Samuel she walked away from it and trusted God to provide her with what she wanted the most-a child. She stood up and walked forward without knowing the outcome. Hannah laid her burded at the feet of her Savior, waited, and trusted in Him. I am learning this lesson right now and am so thankful for it. Thankful for how The Lord is using this time in my life to draw me closer to Him, to trust Him, and to rest under the shelter of his wing.

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

1 comment:

Blair said...

Joy! I'm so glad I am friends with you. God is the God of all comfort...thank goodness! I can't wait to see you next week;)

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista