Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Of course....

Unless today is your Birthday, January 28th may just be an ordinary day. Well, to me it means so much more. Today is a day I will look back on The Lord's plan and not ask "why" but get the opportunity and blessing to say to Him "of course."

You see, a year ago today my life was interrupted. I was moved to the West Campus-the suburbs-the place where I grew up-the place that I told The Lord I would NEVER return-Katy, Texas. For a single gal whole loves and had made her life in the city I was devastated! If I shared all of the details or lessons I have learned this post would go on forever. But I can say that through it all The Lord was faithful and knew exactly what He was doing. The entire time I was asking "why" He just wanted me to wait to see the "of course." Trust me when I say that getting to that point wasn't an easy road for me. I wrestled with The Lord for a good 4 months and couldn't let go of the fact that it wasn't my plan. All a while He was whispering in my ear "Trust me Joy, I know what is best." I learned to trust The Lord in a whole new way through this experience and wouldn't trade it for anything. It was during this time I was able to truly surrender ALL of it to Him. All of my hopes, my dreams, my wants, and desires-that night will forever be engraved on my heart. I can now look back on this journey thankful for the West Campus, for the ministry He has in-trusted me with, for the friendships I now share, for the opportunities I have been blessed with.....(my list could go on and on)

I'm not sure if this post even makes sense but I do know that I am so thankful for January 28th, 2008. For being able to look back and to see the "of course." I know without a doubt that I am smack dab in the middle of The Lord's will here in Katy, Texas right where He wants me to be.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight...." Proverbs 3:5-6

3 comments:

kristinkfitness said...

Well I'm glad you're in Katy too! When I move back you'll be closer to meet up for lunch or after work for dinner! =)

Do you know that today is the 27th and tomorrow is the 28th? =)

Lauren Price said...

Awww...good post. I love those moments in life when you can look back and understand why things happened the way they did. I've had a few of those myself lately. I'm glad you're in that place today and I'm glad you're in Katy as well.

Jennifer Mills said...

Well, I'm glad you're here in Katy! :) Love ya girly!

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista