Sunday, August 2, 2009

Authentic Relationships....

This morning Chip Ingram was our guest pulpit speaker here at Second Baptist Church. I must confess that sometimes being on staff it is hard for me to concentrate during the sermon as my mind is going through my check list for 11:00 GiGL but this morning I was able to just sit, soak, and focus on what he was saying. He was talking about authentic community and how that doesn't just mean sitting in a Sunday School class or being apart of a small group. Yes those things help but they are not the core of authentic relationships. Here is how he defined authentic community. "Authentic community happens when the real you shows up, meets real needs, for the right reasons, in the right way." Simply put....authentic relationships are not about me, my needs, or waring a mask. They are real, raw, selfless, and so, much more.

Something I was convicted about this morning was wearing a mask & to let the love you show be sincere. I often find myself trying to be everything to everyone but The Lord is refining me of this very thing right now. I am learning that I can not be everything to everyone. That I am me and that's OK....take it or leave it and if you don't like it I'll be OK....really I will. If you know me well you know that six months ago I would not have said this but I am so thankful that I can now say that. Chip explained that if we wear a mask people can not see who we really are & people can't see who you really are if you are wearing a mask.

I do, I so badly want to be a girl who is authentic and real. Someone who shows the true love of her precious savior through the way she treats the people she comes into contact with everyday, and the love that they see is genuine and real. A girl who puts others needs in front of her own and who puts others first. And even though that love may not be given in return a girl who can still love. Authentic realationships is where its at and is where I desire to be. So I challenge you to walk the road of authentic relationships with me....somedays it may be harder than others but as Christians that is what we are called to do.

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista