Wednesday, August 19, 2009

An Audience of One...

When I was around three years old we were eating lunch at Kippy Lodge after church with all of our friends. All of a sudden there was a little girl on her tippy toes, dressed in her Sunday best, trying to reach the microphone to sing along with the band on stage. That little girl was me. I guess you could say I was born for the stage...my family says that any time there was one growing up I was on it. I can vividly remember my first "big girl" show at the age of six. Performing as one of the orphans in Annie....I guess you could say I was hooked. I have been performing ever since.

Last night I was having a conversation and was super convicted about my motives when it comes to being on stage. Performing in my opinion is one of the most vulnerable things a person can do. You are putting yourself out there for everyone watching to judge and form their own opinion....but am I doing what I do for them? That answer is so simple but difficult to practice....no. I am not performing for man but for an audience of one.

More than I'd like to admit I find myself getting caught up in what the adults in the room are thinking when doing GiGL. Did I hit every note, every step, the list could go on. But then I end up kicking myself because I have so lost sight of why I do what I do. The kids. It isn't about performing, or the adults in the room but showing & telling them about the love of my precious Jesus.

I do what I do becuase of what He's done for me. Because of His love, His grace, & to start laying the foundation in the lives of these kids by sharing His love each week in GiGL. I am not doing what I am doing for anyone's approval but His.

Galatians 1:10, “For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.”

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista