Saturday, July 11, 2009

Embracing my Imperfections....

I'm going to be honest today I have been fighting a hard battle & that one friends is the one of perfection.

Let's get real. I am not perfect. I know I'm not perfect. Then why do I put the pressure on myself to appear that way?

Maybe it's because I have a fear of disappointing the ones I love the most in my life. Because I'm afraid of failure. Or maybe deep down I just put that pressure on myself.....the pressure to be the girl who has it all together.

But you know what....I know the truth. I do, I really do. I know that every single day I don't even come close to being perfect. I am so thankful that I have been learning all about God's grace this past week in Bible study. It is so easy for us to extend grace to others and accept the precious grace of our Savior, but when it comes to extending grace to ourselves it's tough.

I'm learning that lesson today. Learning to extend grace to myself and to fail forward and not backwards. To view my imperfections as beautiful. As things that cause me to depend on my Savior even more because if I was perfect I wouldn't need Him. I will take flaws and imperfections any day because I would rather walk that road with Him then not walk with Him at all.

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista