Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Influence....

I read a devotional this morning titled influence. The author talked about how our culture defines influence by the fame of that person. However, if you take a look closer at the word-influence takes on a whole new meaning and idea. The author states that "influence is a force of substance flowing from someone or something, which moves the heart or actions of someone else--whether for good or evil."

Father make me a real influential person......

So what has our society done? It has distorted the meaning of influence. Think about the people that they deem influential....it is not about serving people but put simply it is all about themselves...and just like shooting stars their light is only visible for a second and then it fades away into the darkness.

Then she touched on Jesus' understanding of influence. Did you know He compared it to salt? Something so simple, something everyone has stored in their pantry, something that is almost essential to cooking a meal. In recipes, salt is the component that brings the other ingredients to their fullest expression and flavor!

Wow......

We are called to be like salt....to serve others and bring out their fullest expression and flavor!

Umm HELLO Joy!!! Can I just say that I feel like The Lord is pounding this lesson into my heart right now! That hello-it's so not about us and what we can get in return....but creating a real, authentic life change in the precious people He places into our lives. Who knows why...maybe that person has never experienced a Christ-like love. Maybe they have never heard the words you are special, valued, loved, created for a specific purpose and reason.

What a privilege...that our sweet Jesus uses us...people who mess up everyday....to touch those that we come into contact with on a daily basis. I pray that I don't miss it. That I don't miss a single opportunity to show someone His love, that my life is not about me but showing His love to those around me!

Matthew 5:13 "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men."

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista