Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Great BIG God...

Almost every week in GIGL we sing this song. The chorus goes.....
Our God is a great big God.
Our God is a great big God.
Our God is a great big God
And he holds us in His hands.
I have been thinking about this a lot lately....just how big our God is since reading a blog entry from Bring the Rain.
She wrote about the fact that yes His hands are BIG enough to create the skies, the stars, you and me.....but is it possible for this same God to wrap His huge hands around the "little things"......you know what I'm talking about....the things that we struggle with, the things that cause us hurt, the things that can keep us awake at night.
The most frustrating thing for me....the answer is so simple and yet sometimes I make it so difficult...yes He can and yes He does.
I have been so convicted lately of putting God in a box. Now, the size of that box can differ from day to day depending on what I'm going through. These past few months I have felt God tugging on my heart like never before asking and almost screaming these words to me "Joy, do you believe and trust that I am big enough?"
Wow.
OK Joy, it's time to take Him out of the box you have so tightly folded Him up into. To let go of the limitations you have put on God. I mean seriously....who the heck am I to put limitations on the God of this universe? I saw Him do HUGE things in the lives of JHigh students this past week in Biloxi....He is using 7th and 8th graders like crazy in Katy, Texas.......He is moving in BIG ways all around me and yet I choose to limit Him.
I challenge you today....no matter where you are to take God out of the box you have put Him in. Stop putting limitations on Him......trust and believe that He is big enough.....that He holds you in His hands....and is going to continue to do amazing things!!

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista