Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Adonai....

As I've said before in small group we are studying the names of God. Last night we studied Adonai which translates into Lord, master.

This is the point from the Kay Arthur study we focused on....."With submission comes all we need for the task He puts before us. Whatever it is, as Adonai He supplies what His servants need in order to perform their Master's will. But as Adonai, God has a right to expect obedience."

Plain and simple....God is our master and we are His servants.

Last night we focused a lot on just our total submission to Him as our master. The pure and simple fact that He has total possession of us and the hard question of am I in total submission to Him in every aspect of my life?

Think about a masters relationship with his slave. They are purchased with a price and are loyal to them in everything they do.....we as Christians have been purchased by the blood of Jesus in return causing us to submit to Him in EVERY aspect of our lives....not just the parts we want to give Him.....it requires our total commitment to the will of God.

Then Mimi posed and interesting question which really struck a chord with me....what if my actions don't reflect my words and my words don't reflect my actions in truly submitting to God's plan for my life? Can I really recognize Him as Adonai? And think about how much it hurts us when someone in our lives words don't match up with their own actions.....that is what we are doing when we don't truly submit to His will and authority. I think I was so convicted by this because I am such a words person.

Instead it should be so encouraging that during trials and hard times Adonai is a picture of help and hope because we are truly resting under the submission of our precious Savior.....there is no need to wrestle with Him just rest. While knowing and trusting that His will is perfect for our lives and that He has nothing but the best in store....that He is holding your hand and guiding you through whatever you may be dealing with.

So my challenge to you today is to live a life that is positionally and not experientialy under the submission of our master....to know and trust Him as Adonai today.

Psalm 16:2 "I said to the LORD, Thou art my Lord (Adonai) I have no good besides Thee."

1 comment:

Blair said...

Thank you again for a perfect summary. You are the best...

p.s. Is it just me or are you looking mighty trim these days? Just askin;)

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista