Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Little Shepherds....

When we started planning The Stars of Bethlehem we wanted the kids that come each week to feel like they where apart of the story. Our goal was to them to feel as though they where walking the streets of Bethlehem each week searching for the true star-Baby Jesus! We have done this several ways but my favorite one so far has been cutting out squares of fabric so they can be little Shepherds in the story. I must admit as I was cutting out over 400 squares my heart was not in the right place. However, on Sunday when I saw the excitement on the little ones faces as they walked through the doors it was priceless! They where so excited to be Shepherds in the story! The simple head dresses made them feel so special and it added a new element to GIGL that day! When you are thinking of creative ways to tell your kids Bible Stories try to think out of the box! Think of ideas that will make them feel apart of the story-like they are there with the characters! Here are some pictures of some my "little Shepherds".

This Christmas in GIGL will be one that I will cherish for the rest of my life! I will think back on these past few weeks with precious memories of these kids learning about the true star of Bethlehem! It has been so neat to ask them what we talked about the week before and they remember with excitement and joy! I love that I am getting the opportunity to instill in these kids the love of Christ at such a young age. I know that some of them will look back many years from now and remember the time in GIGL that they walked the streets of Bethlehem to find Baby Jesus!






No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista