Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Monday Nights with the Girls and the book of Ruth!

Every Monday night I attend a small group with a group of girls at a friends house. Can I just tell you how much I love Monday nights? The reason we come together is to study a book of the Bible and challenge each other to grow more in love with Jesus Christ. We have almost been meeting for a year now and it is has been so neat to see how The Lord has knit us together in such a special way! We are all so different and bring so many unique/great things to the group.

We have studied several different things by this time, but our last and current studies have been on Matthew and Ruth. It has been so great to dig into these books verse by verse! Of course Matthew is FULL of lots of challenging things but oh my goodness, Ruth has challenged me in a whole new way! She was a woman who showed humility, faithfulness, obedience, and so many other Godly characteristics! Two weeks ago we were studying chapter two and the verse that spoke the most to me was, Ruth 2:12 "The Lord recompense you for what you have done, and a full reward be given you by the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge." I love that Ruth found refuge under the wings of her Heavenly Father during this time in her life. I was reading a sermon by John Piper on that verse and he said that "the implication of verse 12 is that God will reward Ruth because she has sought refuge under His wings." I am always so quick to run to my friends or family instead of seeking refuge under His wings-the only person who can give me the comfort and wisdom that I need. I am striving more and more on a daily basis to be more of a Ruth.

I am so thankful for Monday nights and the friends that I have made through this group. It is a group that I am so thankful for and will shoot it to me straight! They are such a blessing in my life-here's to many more years of growing in God's word together!

2 comments:

kimy said...

i TOTALLY agree :)!!!! i love mondays nights so much! so thankful for getting to spend time with you and know you and your heart better! you are amazing!

i am so happy i know about your blog now :) i'll let you know if i ever start one..... ha ha.

thanks for the encouragment and sharing that verse. awesome!

love you, friend!

kimy said...

ha ha ha, i havent ever posted on a blog and i didnt know my name would pop up as "kimberly"... i havent been called that since i was probably 5.... funny!

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista