Monday, October 13, 2008

INTENTS



This weekend the JHigh ministry hosted an event called Intents! 7th and 8th graders came and camped out in front of the church on Saturday night-it was so much fun! I decided to camp out because a bunch of my GIGL team attended the event. I didn't want them to have the excuse of being "too tired" in the morning to serve in the hour they do. It was also a great opportunity to hang out with them outside of practice and Sunday mornings!

Brian Mills spoke to the kids after a time of praise and worship and many of them accepted Christ for the first time! I got the opportunity to counsel two sweet girls that night, during that time one of them named Carly was so excited to have just made that decision! After we walked through everything she looked at me and said with such excitment, "So, when can I get Baptized?" She could not wait to outwardly show her commitment to The Lord that she had just made! The Lord used Carly as a sweet reminder to always be that excited in my walk with The Lord. In fact, looking back I should be even more excited because of where I am today with Him.

Michael, Lauren, & Kenny are doing an amazing job in the ministry they are doing! I am blessed to have the opporunity to serve with them!

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista