Wednesday, July 16, 2008

THE WEEK OF VBS!

WOW! That is the first word that comes to my mind as I sit here and reflect on the week of VBS I have been having....and it's only Wednesday! It has been such a blessing to take part in this amazing week! We have around 700 preschoolers here this week so it has been crazy/busy! My favorite part of the day this week would have to be when I get my hugs! Oh how I LOVE the hugs I get from these precious kids! I am in charge of the master teaching room that they come to each day! This room includes: singing, dancing, the memory verse, and of course the most important part: the Bible story for that day!

For me, Vacation Bible school has been an amazing journey for me with LOTS of lessons learned! Today for example, I was reminded of WHY I do my job and WHO I do it for! You see, by nature I am a people pleaser and I truly believe The Lord is trying to break me of this one! If one thing doesn't go my way I go straight into "criticism mode" and pick apart what I did for the day. Was the show perfect, did the kids listen, did they get anything out of it, did the GIGL team remember all of the moves they were supposed to do? When really I should have walked away asking myself: Did I show these kids the Love of Christ today? That is what I am called to do as the GIGL director! Yes, there are more things that are in my job description but that is the most important one! Well friends I was reminded by my sweet supervisor of this verse in Galations today: "For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond servent of Christ." Gal 1:10 This verse is now on my desk where I can view it as a reminder everyday while I work at my desk! My goal in life is not to please man but my precious Savior who has created me to live my life for Him! I was also reminded of something Christy Nockles spoke of when she visited Second Baptist a while ago. She said, "Be open to receive validation ONLY from HIM." Psalm 139 "God may be withholding validation that you seek from someone, because if we received that then it would be enough. We would stop going to The Lord for that validation when in reality He is the only one who can give it to us!" Such a sweet reminder!


Praise The Lord for what He is doing in the lives of these kids this week during Vacation Bible School! He is an amazing God that is faithful in every situation! Please keep the last two days in your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista