Friday, March 19, 2010

Sweet Cambodia...

Today's show us your life at Kelly's Korner is show us your mission trip. Two summers ago I headed across the world to an orphanage in Cambodia to love on kids and tell them about my sweet Jesus. It was one of the neatest experiences I have ever had and my life was changed forever. Mostly by the sweet little girl in the picture. Her name is Lane and we shared a bond from the moment we met. She didn't talk at all that first day but by the end of the trip I had her saying my name. She even trusted me enough that on the last day that as we were sitting on the balcony and she closed her eyes and walked towards me. When she couldn't find me she called out my name & jumped into my arms. She did. She knew I would guide her to me and that I would catch her if she fell. Lane & the other precious children left footprints on my heart that summer. When I boarded the plane home I left a piece of my heart at this sweet place. I hope that one day The Lord opens the door for me to journey back to love on & serve the children at The Shelter of Love.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Was that trip really two years ago? Gosh...time flies!

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista