Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Keep Your Head Up...

Yesterday I listened to two one of Steven Furdick's sermons & can I tell you it met me right where I am? I'd encourage you to podcast it when you have some time. This series has been based out of the Psalms and on David. I LOVE this because it's what we are teaching our preschoolers about in GiGL right now. Worship. Just wanted to share with you some of the points he made that hit home to me.

The sermon was titled Keep Your Head Up & was based out of Psalm 3. Key verse: Psalm 3:3 "But You are a shield around me OH LORD; You bestow glory on me & lift up my head."

Many times when we feel like we have been betrayed by someone in our life we take that burden on us & give it major control. We let it consume us. We want justice & we want it now & what The Lord can use in your life as a blessing can turn into an ugly, evil root of anger & bitterness. Waiting for someone to apologize can be a very long process & you know what it may never come. Praise The Lord we serve a God who is just and will make everything right in His sweet time. Then he said something that The Lord used to speak directly to my heart. Even though I didn't want to hear it. Isn't that always the case y'all? "When we embrace God's purpose the thing that they did to you or hurt you can be the greatest thing God uses to get you to to where He wants you to go-to do what He needs to do in you."

Oh. My. Stars. Steven Furdick....did you really just say that! Can I just say that The Lord has a funny sense of humor.

Maybe, just maybe He's using that hurt to move you to the next step but first you have to be willing to embrace His plan. His sweet & perfect plan. Stop trying to figure it out & accept it for what it is. Forgive. Let Him heal your heart & turn that yuck into something good.


1 comment:

Brittney said...

Love your post - tough but true! And I love your new background!! So fun!

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista