Thursday, June 11, 2009

Satisfy Us....

"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days."
Psalm 90:14

I cherish my mornings on my porch with The Lord. To gain His wisdom, feast on His word, to have the opportunity to be still and listen.....I confess sometimes it's easier than others...to be still.

So I leave my house filled up, satisfied, ready to face the day but sometimes it seems when I hit my desk I already feel empty. The converstaion in my head goes something like this...Um Lord...it's only 9:30. I think to myself....what happened? I spent time in your word, I diligently prayed, then why Lord have I already fallen short? Some days I am quicker to show His love and on others I find myself an emotional mess.

My favorite part of that verse is that we may sing for joy. I so badly want to sing and be glad in all my days. I want to be remembered as a girl who was joyful at all times. And not just a fake joy-a genuine, real, authentic joy that shines through even when I feel like I am on a rollercoaster ride of life's ups and downs-I so badly want to exhibit a joy that is contagious because the joy of The Lord is truly my strength. I believe with all my heart that in order to find joy we have to be thankful. When I choose to be thankful I find myself viewing things differently. It's a choice. If I find myself thankful for my job that long check list of to do things really isn't all that bad. When I am thankful for those who have hurt me-love abounds. So today I challenge you to be thankful for all the things in your life no matter where you are in the journey.....the good, the bad, & the ugly. While letting Him satisfy you along the way.

No comments:

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista