Friday, December 19, 2008

The Nutcracker.....

Last night I went with some friends to see the Nutcracker put on by the Houston Ballet. The ballet put on a fabulous production that was so magical. I had no idea that there was so much history behind this production. The premier performance of the Nutcracker was on December 18th 1892 in St. Petersburg, Russia. It is amazing to think that it is still around today, especially since the papers and even Tchaikovsky himself thought the first performance was not a success. Since then the Nutcracker has been seen all over the world for over 116 years! It has become a Christmas tradition to many families!

Last night brought back memories of being a little girl in ballet class. The picture above is from my favorite dance of the night-or maybe it was because the costumes where my favorite! The ballerinas spinning and their dresses twirling was magical for me! Mostly because that was my favorite part of my ballerina costumes-the skirt-it had to twirl! Oh my goodness, I would stand in the middle of my living room for hours upon hours just spinning and spinning until I couldn't spin anymore! If you haven't seen the Nutcracker I would highly suggest it! Why not start it as a family tradition-especially if you yourself have a "little ballerina" at home!








1 comment:

A-Sewell said...

Heyy!
This doesnt much refer to the bulliten.... But I was in GIGL last year during summer and some of 7th grade. My mom made me quit for 8th grade just so i could get the hang of it first with grades and all. She said I could get back in GIGL for maintaining my grades and showing i deserved to be in it. I was wondering when and how I could get back into it. It was so much fun watching the little boys and girls dance around and sing in praise! I really miss it and look forward to joining it again. Watching the little kids growing in gods love is incredible! Well, im also in Dedicated Leadership. If you probably remember me, I was the one that stole the money from you at the Christmas party. haha sorry. But if you could just please get back to me on this it would be great! My e-mail is: dorky301@yahoo.com or you can just reply back to this comment. Please and Thank you!
- Ashley Sewell

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Tweet Tweet!

    follow me on Twitter

    Designed By:

    Elements by Designs by Krista